On behalf of the staff at Violette Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2020-21 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments
- Reads for 30 minutes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please access the GGUSD Parent Handbook on the district website. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year.
The wonderful Violette staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for sharing your child with us.
Please remember to activate your ParentSquare account and check it regularly to receive updates and messages from the district, the school, and your child's teacher. You can also visit our school website violette.ggusd.us and our school Facebook page.
I look forward to working with you to make this a great year for you and your family. It is my great honor to serve as your child’s principal and I look forward to working with all of you throughout the year!
Sarah Van Dam, Principal
- Violette is one of only a few elementary schools to offer the AVID College Readiness Program which teaches students study skills and prepares them for success in intermediate and high school.
- Violette offers a robust college mentoring program, pairing elementary grade students with college students who serve as positive role models, help with school work, and promote positive self-esteem.
- Violette has 1:1 Chromebook to student ratio with innovative technology use as part of daily instruction. Students take advantage of multiple iPad carts and a brand new computer lab equipped with Mac computers.
- Violette provides many opportunities for parents to get involved in the education of their child with regular parent education classes, school events, and longstanding traditions like the Father-Daughter and Mother-Son dances, Fall Festival, and Family Runs.
- Violette will receive a second round of modernization which includes brand new air-conditioning, modernized classrooms, and energy-efficient technology.
- Violette has many before and after-school programs including robotics club, reading tutoring through a United Way Reading grant, Boys & Girls Club and College and Career mentoring.